Mobility Problems and Ageing
Very few people have the perfect walking pattern but for some people their walking pattern can result in mobility problems.
Walking problems result from:
- poor balance – resulting in regular falls and injury with loss of confidence or
- poor posture
- pain in your joints
- poor patterns of movement
Poor walking or mobility will result in:
- poor walk pattern which is tiring
- regular falls and injury
- loss of confidence
- an inefficient walking pattern
How Tops Fitness and Rehabilitation can help:
- Improve strength and flexibility
- Improve fitness through use of an accessible gym with specialist equipment
- Improve your walking pattern
- Improve your balance
- Improve your posture
- Improve your confidence
- Educate and advise on management of your problem
- Improve normal movement patterns
The physiotherapist will perform a thorough examination and discuss you current problems and goals. We will then work with you to help you achieve your potential.
At Tops Fitness and Rehabilitation in Wakefield, our experienced physiotherapists, have a practical, hands on, holistic approach to your mobility problems.
What Our Clients Say
In August 2018 my amazing 94 year old uncle fell at his care home where he has been living for 2 years. He was admitted to Pinderfields hospital where they discovered a fractured hip.
After spending 10 days in hospital with no physiotherapy, he was discharged back to the care home. When I asked when physios would be visiting I was told there was a 6 week waiting list on the NHS. By that time I realised uncle would never walk again without urgent physio.
Within the week Will from Tops was visiting uncle weekly and within 2 weeks he was up and walking again, with the help of a Zimmer.
Will is a lovely young man and had a good rapport with uncle and they got on very well. I would recommend tops to anyone, their prompt service, kindness and compassion is second to none! !