Gym Opening Information
We would like to thank all our loyal gym members for the continued support throughout this challenging time.
We are back! We will be opening our doors to the gym for personal training only on Monday 27 July, this will allow us to test all our health and safety protocols.
We will then be opening to our gym members on Monday 3 August, you will be required to book a gym slot which we will release a week before we open.
We will be announcing our gym protocols later but here are a few:
- Entry by booking a gym slot
- Only 12 people upstairs, including 2 Fitness instructors and 2 Personal training clients
- Temperature taking
- Social distancing
- Equipment spaced to allow 2 meters
- A one way system of entry and exit
- Face masks to enter but not to train
- All windows open and fans on.
We can’t wait to welcome our lovely gym members back. #Teamtops
Rehab Opening Information
Tops Rehabilitation is now open, please read on for more information.
As with everything at the moment we will be operating in a different manner. Your safety and our staff’s safety are of utmost importance to us, so please bear with us.
To ensure we prevent and reduce any possible exposure to the virus to you and our staff, we are implementing a number of infection control and social distancing measures. These will include the following: admission by appointment only to limit footfall, regular hand washing or hand sanitizing, the wearing of PPE, including facemasks for staff and clients, and reducing appointment times, to allow us to thoroughly clean treatment areas between each client.
- Before attending your appointment you will be required to complete a COVID 19 screening questionnaire about your health and that you consent to face to face treatment.
- You will receive a phone call to say you may enter 5 minutes before your appointment, preferably after the person prior to your treatment has departed. You will be directed to a specific waiting area (not in reception).
- You may only attend with an essential support worker, if they are not required we would prefer to have them wait in the car.
- On entering you will be required to hand sanitize, we also request you bring a mask, if you do not have one we will supply a single use material mask that should be left for laundering at the end of your session.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask during your treatment and will have washed their hands before treatment.
- Your rehab/ neuro physiotherapy session will be 45 minutes. This is to ensure good infection control and the safety of you and our staff. This allows time for you to leave the building before the next client arrives. It gives the physiotherapist the time to clean the plinth and equipment, change PPE and clean their hands as well as air the room before the next client.
- A maximum of 2 neuro physiotherapists will be treating in the rehab area in a demarcated area at opposite corners of the room.
- Your musculoskeletal physiotherapy session will be 5-7 minutes shorter. This is to ensure good infection control and the safety of you and our staff. This allows time for you to leave the building before the next client arrives. It gives the physiotherapist the time to clean the plinth and equipment, change PPE and clean their hands as well as air the room before the next client
- All payments will be by card, BACS or if previously arrange monthly invoicing.
- If you do not have a regular slot your next appointment will be emailed or texted to you.
Below are the documents explaining the flow of your appointment, as well as the waiting and treatment areas layout.
We have made every effort to minimise the risks of Covid 19 and have developed our policies and protocols in line with current national guidance from the CSP, Physiofirst, Public Health England and NHS England.
If you have any questions, any comments or any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To arrange an appointment please contact email@example.com or call 01924 823965.
We look forward to seeing you soon.