Updated 18 Feb 2022
Tops Physiotherapy is open but massage is currently closed. Please read on for more information.
Your safety and our staff’s safety are of utmost importance to us.
To ensure we prevent and reduce any possible exposure to the virus to you and our staff, we continue to follow a number of infection control and social distancing measures. These will include the following: admission by appointment only to limit footfall, regular hand washing or hand sanitizing, the wearing of PPE, including facemasks for staff and clients, and reducing appointment times, to allow us to thoroughly clean treatment areas between each client.
We will currently only treat those who feel they would benefit from face to face treatment as we are able to offer remote treatments and support.
We will be performing a triage assessment prior to any new appointments to ensure you are aware of the risks of any face to face physiotherapy and discuss the best option for you:
We will provide remote physiotherapy appointments to support those who do not feel they are ready to attend our centre at the moment.
Our centre in Wakefield will be open to physiotherapy appointments only.
- Before attending your appointment you will be required to complete a COVID 19 screening questionnaire about your health and that you consent to face to face treatment.
- You may only attend with an essential support worker, if they are not required we would prefer to have them wait in the car.
- On entering you will be required to hand sanitize, we also request you bring a mask.
- Your physiotherapist will be wearing a mask during your treatment and will have washed their hands before treatment.
- Your rehab/ neuro physiotherapy session will be 50 minutes. This is to ensure good infection control and the safety of you and our staff. This allows time for you to leave the building before the next client arrives. It gives the physiotherapist the time to clean the plinth and equipment, change PPE and clean their hands as well as air the room before the next client.
- A maximum of 2 neuro physiotherapists will be treating in the rehab area in a demarcated area at opposite corners of the room.
- Your musculoskeletal physiotherapy session will be 5 minutes shorter. This is to ensure good infection control and the safety of you and our staff. This allows time for you to leave the building before the next client arrives. It gives the physiotherapist the time to clean the plinth and equipment, change PPE and clean their hands as well as air the room before the next client
- All payments will be by card, BACS or if previously arrange monthly invoicing.
- If you do not have a regular slot your next appointment will be emailed or texted to you.
We have made every effort to minimise the risks of Covid 19 and have developed our policies and protocols in line with current national guidance from the CSP, Physiofirst, Public Health England and NHS England.
If you have any questions, any comments or any concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us.
To arrange an appointment please contact email@example.com or call 01924 823965.
We look forward to seeing you soon.